[WikiEN-l] admins blocking but refusing to justify which policy or guideline applies

R E Broadley rebroad+wikimedia.org at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 22:10:30 UTC 2009

Hi,

I am writing here pretty much as a last resort. I have been blocked by
an admin for 1 month, but despite repeated requests for an explanation
as to which policy or guideline justifies my block, four admins so far
have declined to answer this. I consider this to be a simple question
to ask, and would expect no less than the ability for an admin to be
able to justify the block by citing applicable policy.

Please can someone look into this?

I also am concerned that four admins have chosen to decline the
unblock request without feeling it necessary to provide the
explanation requested.

In a court of law it's mandatory that the accused is given their
reasons, and the applicable statute or case law referred to. Is there
no similar requirement for justice within Wikipedia?

I also think there should be a facility for admins who operate outside
of the law (if it can be called that) to be able to face consequences
for their actions by some higher governing body - does such a body
exist?

Many thanks,
R E Broadley (User:Rebroad)