[WikiEN-l] The current purges in English Wikipedia (...and my personal case)

Andrew Turvey andrewrturvey at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 9 21:06:43 UTC 2009

Put simply, because there was an ongoing issue with a compromised account. A user was allowing other people to share his account, and had not agreed to stop doing this. That is an ongoing problem and rightly deserved a block.

Of course if the user later agreed to stop doing this, the rationale might not still apply.