[WikiEN-l] The current purges in English Wikipedia (...and my personal case)

Nathan nawrich at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 17:51:45 UTC 2009

I'm not sure how blocking someone for conduct admitted from "some years
ago", that doesn't appear to have hurt anyone or caused any disruption, is
"the right thing to do." That's like saying "You violated 3RR in 2004, I'm
blocking you for 24 hours. If you wish to be unblocked, admit your guilt and
promise never to edit-war again." It's not bad advice for someone who wants
to be unblocked, given human nature, but it shouldn't be necessary.
Nathan