[WikiEN-l] Bible websites

Peter Jacobi peter_jacobi at gmx.net
Wed Jul 8 18:50:32 UTC 2009

Despite being at least semi off topic, I must
comment on this:

> The Bible is a well-known ancient work with great cultural
> significance.  Its status as fiction or fact is almost beside the
> point.  It is accurate about what it itself says, which can be cited
> as appropriate to inform articles where what it said was/is relevant.

But there is a widespread abuse of citing the bible and it will
not get better by providing technical means to better cite the bible.

What I mean is giving bible citations as reference for
theological statements.  There are two thousand years of
struggling factions of christianity and libraries full of
interpretations of bible verses. You cannot ignore this
and propose that the bible verse can speak for itself.

Peter