[WikiEN-l] Policy inquiry - slack for blocked users venting on their talk page

Carcharoth carcharothwp at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 8 18:23:56 UTC 2009

The question being discussed there is:

"Should a user's own talk page be considered differently? There has
been discussion in past as to whether a post on a user's talk page,
often in reply to a hostile poster, should be treated more leniently
than posting elsewhere on other discussion or WP pages where dialogue
occurs. Please indicate views below."

That is different from the question here (which is a subset of that
one), which is how to treat blocked, or recently blocked, users who
are venting on their talk page at the injustice of being blocked.

I would add that in this context, the "hostile poster" is sometimes
the blocking admin making inflammatory remarks, or other users
arriving to comment where they should stay away (I've been guilty of
the latter, sometimes). There may be no hostile intent, but the
blocked user can sometimes see the posts to their user pages as
hostile, especially if they have just been blocked and are angry about
it.

Carcharoth