[WikiEN-l] Policy inquiry - slack for blocked users venting on their talk page

Alex Sawczynec glasscobra15 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 02:44:24 UTC 2009

Actually, I was under the impression that our "policy" was essentially the
opposite -- I certainly wouldn't tolerate a long rant about a block on a
user's talk page. We tell blocked users to make their unblock requests
succinct and neutral, and we disable the option to post to a talk page if
the user continues to abuse their editing privileges, as Fred noted. In
fact, countless MFDs have set a precedent that userspace isn't really to be
used for rants or attacks of any sort.

- GlassCobra