[WikiEN-l] Policy inquiry - slack for blocked users venting on their talk page

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 01:16:34 UTC 2009

I had thought we'd formally policyized the "please leave blocked users
alone on their talk page and don't block them if they vent about the
block (short of making threats against people, etc)", but I can't find
anything on-wiki that has it in writing.

I know I've had discussions with people about it before and there was
a general admins consensus that it was a good thing - but it does not
appear to be written down in policy, guideline, or an Arbcom decision
I can find.

Am I missing something, or did we really never write it down?

If we did not, we probably should rectify that, and I'll SOFIXIT - but
I wanted to ping out to other experienced people first to see if
anyone could remember where it might be written that I just haven't
found yet.

Thanks!

--
-george william herbert