[WikiEN-l] MediaWiki is getting a new programming language

Matthew Brown morven at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 06:10:24 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 6:58 PM, geni<geniice at gmail.com> wrote:
> Programing being difficult isn't out problem (at least not going by
> what people have managed to do with templates so far). Programing
> being inaccessible is.

Including being inaccessible even to trained programmers.

It strikes me that in the current Wikipedia template-programming
system that we've managed to create a "perfect storm", a worse
solution for everyone.  We're in, at least, the easy situation in
which almost any alternative would be better.

-Matt