[WikiEN-l] MediaWiki is getting a new programming language

wjhonson at aol.com wjhonson at aol.com
Mon Jul 6 23:14:15 UTC 2009

 Of course you've hit the nail right on the head.
I don't think we want to create a brand-new additional language that people have to learn just to code for Wikipedia.? What we'd want to do, is use an existing language, so that some people can jump right in with both feet and others, who want to, can pick up an instruction manual and start stabbing about.

If you'd like to propose a BASIC syntax for the tools we need, that
might make the argument more cogent and viable.  Of necessity you need
to base that on a BASIC which is freeware and portable.