[WikiEN-l] Bible websites

Guettarda guettarda at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 14:34:51 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 4:20 AM, <WJhonson at aol.com> wrote:

> I think what Tim was saying is that this magic link would only be for raw
> bible citations, not for templated ones.
> That is Gen 4:2 instead of {{biblequotex|Gen|4|2}}
>
> The raw citation would be magically linked to the wikisource KJV.  That
> would be super.  Then *if* someone feels the need to template it to link
> say to
> the NIV instead, then they could do that instead.
>
> Will Johnson

Most modern translations have known benefits and weaknesses, so the one you
pick is largely a matter of taste, albeit with a bit of politics mixed in.
The KJV, on the other hand, is perhaps the least accurate translation.  So
while I am hesitant to endorse an off-site script doing the picking, using
the KJV because it's (arguably) PD is like using EB 1911.   It's hard to
read up on the Rwandan genocide when your source thinks that Kigali is in
German East Africa.