[WikiEN-l] MediaWiki is getting a new programming language

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Fri Jul 3 18:15:00 UTC 2009

In a message dated 7/3/2009 9:45:32 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
Simetrical+wikilist at gmail.com writes:

> Happily, it's not necessary that the *average* user be able to
> contribute to programming.  >>

Let me just point out that I never stated the above in the first place.
The average user hasn't even figured out how to use the <ref> system, and
probably less than ten percent understand {templates} at all even to include
them, let alone to edit them.

So I would never advocate a system where the average person can do it.
Rather I would advocate a system which is as easy to use as we can make it.
 Not as hard as we can imagine it.

Will