[WikiEN-l] Notability and Fiction

Andrew Turvey andrewrturvey at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 1 11:59:47 UTC 2009

I've not involved in editing articles on fiction myself, but I often get involved in notability-related discussions.

Am I understanding your point right:

At the moment, from my understanding, notability is defined through a single guideline setting universal principles, supplemental by subsidiary guidelines that interpret this guideline. In the event of conflict between the central guideline and the subsidiary, the central one should prevail.

You're suggesting that [[WP:FICT]] and presumably other specific guidelines should be allowed to depart from the central guideline which would just become a default guideline to be applied where a subsidiary guideline doesn't exist?

Andrew