[WikiEN-l] MediaWiki is getting a new programming language

Brian Brian.Mingus at colorado.edu
Wed Jul 1 04:56:26 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 10:52 PM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com>wrote:

> That's better done by surveying the community, not a community
> discussion.

Yeah, still waiting for that survey. Or that community discussion. Or that
usability study. Something tells me that without any griping I will wait
forever. I wonder what it is. Oh that's right - precedence. I dug through
all of the conversations around ParserFunctions. There wasn't much. It takes
a lot of diligence to fully consult the community consensus. It's hard work
that developers, historically speaking, haven't card one iota about. Whoever
finishes their implementation first and is best friends with a core dev
wins.