[WikiEN-l] MediaWiki is getting a new programming language

Brian Brian.Mingus at colorado.edu
Wed Jul 1 04:23:09 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 10:19 PM, stevertigo<stvrtg at gmail.com> wrote:
> You provide no context

The title says it all - MediaWiki is getting a new programming language.

> no direct link to a substantive wikitech-l post

I assume, having signed up to this list, that you understand what
wikitech-l is and where it is located

> (more to the point) you gave no indication that the techies actually want non-technical input.

The fact that the "techies" do not actively seek out community input
is why we ended up with ParserFunctions. Furthermore these changes are
supposed to be 'community' decisions. The 'techies' are also not the
people who edit Wikipedia articles the most. They write code, fix
servers etc...

Anyone interested by MediaWiki's new programming language will have no
problem finding the conversation based on the information I provided.
It is wholly sufficient.