No subject

Mon Jan 19 21:31:31 UTC 2009

at p. 11.

I'm old enough to remember the 'Jackdaws', which were folders of
reproduction period documents and other things: primary sources in a
wallet. The point made here is quite correct, though closer to using the
Commons and Wikisource perhaps: it could become essentially trivial to
produce the raw material for such a thing now, and to rehabilitate
'project work'. This would fit quite well with also asking students to
go and critique pieces of historical writing in the suggested style. Of
course curricula aren't exactly designed for this stuff, as of right
now, in the UK. (Hmmm, 40 years since I was last subjected to formal
history teaching: "the Hanoverians" ... wonder if it would have helped.)

Charles