[WikiEN-l] Watch out Wikipedia, here comes Britannica 2.0

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Thu Jan 29 18:40:31 UTC 2009

<<In a message dated 1/29/2009 10:31:33 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
saintonge at telus.net writes:

> I  had sent him a scathing email denigrating him for not allowing direct
user
> edits.
>
> For some time, they allowed you to  *email* them additions and corrections,

> and I pointed out how  ridiculously last decade that was.  And how if they
> don't  shape up ...like now dude.... they would be history.  Buried by
Wikipedia.

> I notice they didn't mention my name in that  article however.   Shameless!

It's hard to  see what will be accomplished by taunting them in this way.
Rubbing dirt  in the faces of the losers is not particularly dignified.
If we really are  the winners we need to be more gracious about it.>>

Then you're not understanding what occurred.
What was accomplished is that they *now* allow contributors to make direct
edits to the articles.
They didn't before.

Will