[WikiEN-l] Why infoboxes are good

Jay Litwyn brewhaha at edmc.net
Wed Jan 28 16:29:55 UTC 2009

"David Gerard" <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:fbad4e140901280652k19382f7cw7d6b217f610218b3 at mail.gmail.com...
> http://ebiquity.umbc.edu/blogger/2009/01/27/extracting-wikipedia-infoboxes-values-from-text/
(...)

Maybe it can be taken as a request for information about bots already in use
or in development. A med student wrote a tool for filling out citations, and
jehochman wrote it into a browser applet. It's botISH, meaning that it
doesn't write the quote or find which text it is relevant to or submit the
page. If I read the end of it correctly, they want to assign people to do
it, first and make programmers, then machines learn from that (which has
long been just simply logical, just to identify whether it is feasible).

If the sites that the bots access are vetted sources... There are a lot of
things I do not know about bots, let me tell you that.
_______
http://ecn.ab.ca/~brewhaha/finance/Manual_Spam_Control.htm