[WikiEN-l] Flagged Revisions trial proposal and vote

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Tue Jan 27 17:59:42 UTC 2009

The Cunctator wrote:
> Funny how it supposedly closes tomorrow but it's already done and archived.

I've never liked the idea that a poll should ever be closed.  It would
be enough to make the subject matter implementable when certain
pre-defined thresholds are reached.  If at some later time a contrary
threshold is reached, including an allowance for people changing their
votes, the result could be reversed.

We chronically limit voting to those people who happen to know that
something is happening on a current basis.  There is also a steep cliff
to climb for future contributors who weren't around when a distasteful
policy was set.

Ec