[WikiEN-l] Inappropriate termination of discussion

Halvor a22112216 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 23 10:26:17 UTC 2009

I find to have identified in a pair of templates a clear and present danger to the consensus-building principle on which our wiki rests: Template:Discussion top and Template:Discussion bottom.

These are being utilized to stifle and suppress free exchange of opinions when they sometimes are being applied to cut off what is being vicariously painted by one party as unconstructive/ridiculous/disruptive/pointless/time-wasting/take your pick, discussions.

We have other, appropriate, means to deal with "trolling" and genuinely disruptive contributions. This pair of templates makes it way too easy to put us all on a track which fundamentally and possibly irreversibly, compromises the consensus-building process.

I have thus nominated the pair of template for deletion. Opinions on this are particularly welcomed on the Templates for discussion page.

Halvor (meco)
--

all communication to and from this person will be subject to public availability

public password: 17stovner