[WikiEN-l] VfD against every article in Category.Outlines that is also in namespace 0? (aka: please stop writing another perverted encyclopedia inside wikipedia)

Mathias Schindler mathias.schindler at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 22:49:02 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 11:38 PM, Scientia Potentia est
<bibliomaniac_15 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> The Wikiproject about it is quite new. The way I see it, topic outlines are more of a topical glossary that lack the subcategorizing that a regular category would have. They could be of some use.

Pages like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Topic_outline_of_Algeria
simulate layers of sub-categorization by indent.

In some cases, they are even re-inventing templates and infoboxes like
it is 1999:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Topic_outline_of_Algeria&action=edit&section=2

* Algeria is: a [[country]]
* Location:
** [[Northern Hemisphere]] and lies on the [[Prime Meridian]]
*** [[Africa]]
**** [[Sahara|Sahara Desert]]
**** [[North Africa]]
***** [[Maghreb]]
** [[West Africa]]
** [[Time zone]](s): [[]]
** [[Extreme points of Algeria]]
* [[Population of Algeria]]: 33,769,669 people <ref
name="cia">[https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/ag.html
''CIA World Factbook'']</ref> (2008 [[estimate]]) - [[List of
countries by population|35th most populous country]]
* [[Area of Algeria]]: 2,381,741 [[km²]] (919,595 [[sq mi]]) - [[List
of countries and outlying territories by total area|11th largest
country]]
* [[:commons:Atlas of Algeria|Atlas of Algeria]]

What could possibly the use of this page that is not already done by
any other existing and more-or-less maintained page?