[WikiEN-l] Reasons I care less about Wikipedia than I used to, No. 43

Wily D wilydoppelganger at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 16:25:35 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 10:23 AM, Ron Ritzman <ritzman at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 8:29 AM, James Farrar <james.farrar at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Which brings up the question "What is Wikipedia?". Is meta-content
>> like User: space and Wikipedia: space actually part of Wikipedia?
>
> A question I thought of after reading
> [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Angr this]. Is Wikipedia a free
> (libre) encyclopedia or a free (beer) encyclopedia that primarily uses
> a free (libre) license?

When you sit down and try to understand the true nature of the
problem, you won't worry about this.  If you read up on say,
Nematodes, you'll discover than every vegan eats something like one
hundred thousand to one million animals every day.  At this point, it
becomes necessary to compromise on the "no using animal products/no
eating animals" principle, and ask "What can I live with?"

Brian