[WikiEN-l] Reasons I care less about Wikipedia than I used to, No. 43

Ron Ritzman ritzman at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 06:05:09 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 9:10 PM, Ken Arromdee <arromdee at rahul.net> wrote:

> There's a good solution: don't have a ridiculously strict policy.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think the current image policy
is a compromise between those who believe enwp should have no non-free
images, which would be a very simple policy, either the image is free
or it's not, no need for WP:FFD, just delete, and those who believe
that any image can be used as long as an even remotely plausible fair
use rationale can be provided.

What we have is a wikilawyer's delight. (no sorry, that picture Gary
Coleman as a kid is unacceptable because he still looks like a kid so
it's replaceable. Oh what's that, you are Gary Coleman and you took
the picture yesterday? Just who was holding the camera?")