[WikiEN-l] Reasons I care less about Wikipedia than I used to, No. 43

geni geniice at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 03:54:32 UTC 2009

2009/1/19 James Farrar <james.farrar at gmail.com>:
> Oh, we always have a choice. In this case, one available choice is "do
> nothing and see if they send us a C&D".

We could do that in a lot of cases. Rather runs into the problem that
wikipedia is meant to be free content though.

>Another would be to contact
> them and ask "is it OK for us to do this?".

The answer will be no because getting a yes would likely involve them
in a lot of paperwork. We are talking comic books here. While their
history in the field of IP may be an interesting read and quite funny
in some respects that doesn't mean that you could prize it off them
without a very large crowbar.

--
geni