[WikiEN-l] Announcing "Epistemia", a new wiki encyclopedia

Thomas Larsen larsen.thomas.h at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 03:17:41 UTC 2009

> But do they attract readers? When I research topics for WP articles, I often
> come across existing WP links and can't remember seeing any links to even
> major WP forks; this is the main problem I think Epistemia faces-
> penetration and hence credibility. Whereas I realise that what might be
> loosely described as "market penetration" is important, I think any
> endeavour trying to compete has great practical problems to overcome.

This is a problem—/the/ problem, actually, for any competitor to a
major existing corporation. I'm currently considering the various
manners in which the issue could be addressed and, hopefully,
overcome.

> That's
> not to talk down the idea itself, just to point out that when the hill is
> already so high, attempting to climb it is that much more difficult. It's
> unfortunate that the hill is somewhat littered with rocks in places, but
> conversely, nobody seriously believes the earth is flat these days.

What you mean is that the hill is emitting smoke, cracks are appearing
in its sides, and rumbling sounds can be heard regularly :-).

—Thomas Larsen