[WikiEN-l] Jeremy Hanson

Wilhelm Schnotz wilhelm at nixeagle.org
Mon Jan 19 02:35:37 UTC 2009

A bot can do that.. Provided that feed is 100% accurate. If we can't
trust the feed we can have a program verify its open and then block. (
dunno how practical it is to verify an open proxy by bot) A bot can
simply hardblock for a month and have humans check after that if theft
are still open. (most proxies don't remain open long)

On 1/18/09, K. Peachey <p858snake at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
>>can continue to use unblocked proxies until we block them all. (
>>Blocking *all* proxies is nigh on impossible because computers get
>>comprimised daily... So new "open proxies" are created daily.)
> Maybe it would if we could hook someone like
> <http://www.1freeproxy.com/feed/atom/> (rss feed for just proxies) in
> so that they are automatically blocked, which i believe is Wikipedia's
> policy anyway.

Sent from my mobile device