[WikiEN-l] [phish]

brewhaha%40edmc.net brewhaha at edmc.net
Sun Jan 18 20:08:17 UTC 2009

"Jon" <scream at datascreamer.com> wrote in message news:495AEFC3.2040105 at datascreamer.com...
(...)
> "Welcome to wikipedia.  You didn't create a good enough article in
> your allotted 60 seconds so we deleted it.  Dont forget to sign your
> posts!"
>
> Even though it was in jest, it is true.
(...)

Actually, no, not literally true, and as they say "true enough" to be funny. David Levy criticized me for putting a joke in wikipedia, mentioning uncyclopedia. He did not convince me that jokes are a problem in template space (I hav, however sworn off of template space). {{db|speedy|funny|hour}} for "Speedily delete with a funny warning, and let users think that it took a while to decide, because it might otherwise feel like a machine rejected it, and that is not as far from the truth as it should be." Deletionism is boring. Now wonder they get stern. I know. Not on wikipedia. In e-mail, it is so trivial to identify the crap, and so much trouble to report it, and you just know that some sucker is going to fall for some twit with twenty million to split with you (He might actually hav it, too, because of suckers who believe the other story over the phone, which is more convincing). If it sounds too good to be true, it almost always is.
_______
BrewJay's Babble Bin