[WikiEN-l] Announcing "Epistemia", a new wiki encyclopedia

Thomas Larsen larsen.thomas.h at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 01:18:01 UTC 2009

>> There is no widespread support. There are some people to which you can
>> say something they don't agree with and back the argument up by saying
>> it's on Wikipedia, and they will say "Anyone can edit Wikipedia".
>
> Have you looked at the donation statistics? And the page view
> statistics? Plenty of people complain about Wikipedia, but far more
> people use it and support it on a regular basis.

I think Wikipedia has widespread public support. I, for one, have
never said that Wikipedia has _not_ had widespread public support.

Simply because a project has a lot of support, though, does not mean
that it is by any means perfect or that it has no (serious!) flaws. It
simply means there's nothing better available.

Epistemia aims to provide something better.

—Thomas Larsen