[WikiEN-l] Interesting article on restored copyrights in US works between...

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Fri Jan 16 19:57:30 UTC 2009

<<In a message dated 1/16/2009 11:49:40 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
morven at gmail.com writes:

It  would be legitimate if copyright law permitted it.  In that case  it
likely does not.  What case law we have suggests that photographing  a
three-dimensional object requires a sufficient amount of creativity  to
be a copyrightable work. >>

Fine.  I take a photograph of a page from an old book and post it to  my own
web site.
You take my photograph and post it to commons.
Now you can't use the 3d argument, so is that a legitimate thing to  do?
Should you be able to take my photograph (without my consent) and post it  to
Commons?
Answer that.

Will

steps!