[WikiEN-l] Interesting article on restored copyrights in US works between...

Matthew Brown morven at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 19:38:55 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 11:34 AM,  <WJhonson at aol.com> wrote:
> And yet we already know that you are not willing to do this yourself.
> You just want to convince others to do it :)
> Not really a very defensible position is it?

Will, that's quite an unreasonable thing to say.  Geni is a UK
resident.  He must obey UK laws.  Whether or not he agrees with them.
Just because he must obey the laws of the country in which he lives
does not impose on him a moral imperative to never advocate that
people in the US should do things that are legal in the US but not in
the UK.

-Matt