[WikiEN-l] Interesting article on restored copyrights in US works between...

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Fri Jan 16 05:10:57 UTC 2009

In a message dated 1/15/2009 9:08:08 PM Pacific Standard Time,
geniice at gmail.com writes:

Ah no. I  want Americans to exercise the legal ability they have to use
certain  material in certain ways. If that cases companies issues then
under the  principles of capitalism that isn't my problem unless I own
shares in  them.

>That's not very nice.
1)Copyright law isn't  nice
2)Compared to most of the other bits the relevant area isn't very  nasty.>>
---------------------------

No one is stopping any American, from going to the repository where the
originals items are stored and viewing them.  You know this, I don't know  why you
keep pushing on that button, when it's clear that it's a non  starter.

The companies are not trying to prevent people from viewing PD items.   They
are trying to prevent the viewing of their own copies of those items.   Not
the items.  The copies.

You want readers of this thread to think that the only issue here is
copyright law, but it's not.  Never was.  That's just a handy crutch  for people who
are intent on theft to justify their actions.

steps!
cemailfooterNO62)