[WikiEN-l] Announcing "Epistemia", a new wiki encyclopedia

Thomas Larsen larsen.thomas.h at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 03:02:05 UTC 2009

Hi Nathan,

> What is your plan for spreading the word about this project, out of
> curiosity? At least part of the problem encountered by the other
> Wikipedia-like projects is publicity - not enough people are aware of the
> effort to make it successful *and *people prefer to contribute to a project
> where there is a good likelihood that their work will be read and
> appreciated. I wonder how you, unlike the other efforts, will overcome this
> obstacle?

I'm mainly relying on word of mouth. Word travels fast over the
Internet, and I am convinced that quite a few people think that a
project in Wikipedia's vein, that addresses perceived problems without
doing something too drastic like requiring account approval, will be
interested and willing to check the project out.

That said, I'm very open to other suggestions.

Cheers!

—Thomas Larsen