[WikiEN-l] Now this is cool! or: Why free content is good

geni geniice at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 17:31:46 UTC 2009

2009/1/13 Magnus Manske <magnusmanske at googlemail.com>:
> I thought I should share this gem with the list:
>
> An iPhone application that takes your location via GPS, lists articles
> about nearby towns/buildings/objects/etc., and reads them to you via
> speech synthesis. Instant free audio tour guide, (almost) anywhere.
>
> http://lifehacker.com/5129490/hearplanet-is-a-free-talking-tour-guide-for-your-iphone
>

> Cheers,
> Magnus

Only works on big things like towns or buildings. Now what I'd like to
see is museum exhibits that are marked with something like [[QR Code]]
that you get your camera to scan then take you to the relevant
article. Technically possible with existing tools but a wider
implementation might be interesting (getting the museums to agree is
another problem).

--
geni