[WikiEN-l] Interesting article on restored copyrights in US works between 1923 and 1964

Matthew Brown morven at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 14:50:38 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 6:14 AM, geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:
> We don't use the copyright not renewed clause stuff and commons'
> general support for Must be PD in the country of origin as well as the
> US means we mostly dodge the issue.

We have in some cases used non-renewed that I've seen, but rarely.
Only cases I'm aware of have been American books printed & published
here and from American authors on American subjects; unlikely to be
covered by copyright restoration which only applies to stuff first
published abroad.

Shows that we have to be careful about it, though.

-Matt