[WikiEN-l] MUD history dissolving into the waters of time

Philip Sandifer snowspinner at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 19:59:56 UTC 2009

On Jan 10, 2009, at 12:58 PM, Michel Vuijlsteke wrote:

> I don't know know about any of you, but when the first thing on the
> closing
> admin's talk page is "I have deleted over 1,700 pages on Wikipedia,
> through
> C:CSD <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C:CSD> and
> WP:AFD<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:AFD>.
> A very small percentage of that, 2-3%, have been listed at deletion
> review<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:DRV>,
> and only a handful have been overturned -- and not a single one has
> been
> because of "corruption" or bad
> faith<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:AGF>.",
> I get a really bad feeling.

When our contributors brag about how much content they've removed,
we're through the looking glass.

I just created a brand new article on the MUD Threshold. There turn
out to be all sorts of blog posts about it from really notable MMOG
developers! Fancy that!

And I even avoided reading the old version so it couldn't be tagged as
a recreation.

Fun times.

-Phil