[WikiEN-l] MUD history dissolving into the waters of time

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Sat Jan 10 20:01:01 UTC 2009

<<In a message dated 1/10/2009 11:53:17 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
toddmallen at gmail.com writes:

There is  no question as to his expertise. The question is "Was his
expertise  important enough that someone who's -not him- fact checked
and published  what he had to say on this matter?" The answer appears
to be "no".  Self-published sources, even by experts, are not
particularly reliable, nor  do they in any way establish notability.>>

If a person is such an expert, that some third party *has previously*
published his work in this subject area, *then* a blog by that same person in  the
same area can be considered a reliable source.

In our policy page discussion for example, we discussed the situation where
a reporter blogs on a unfolding story.  That we can cite it prior to its
final published version (if any) was acceptable, since the reporter was already
acknowledged to credibly construct their story.

Will Johnson

headlines. (http://news.aol.com?ncid=emlcntusnews00000002)