[WikiEN-l] MUD history dissolving into the waters of time

Nathan nawrich at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 15:10:41 UTC 2009

A lot of the early internet stuff isn't well documented by today's deletion
discussion standards. Websites that were well known (in certain circles) in
the 90s are gone now or look quaint and hobbyish today. I think a Wikia wiki
might be perfect for collecting and maintaining the history of the mudding
world., and now would be a good time to do it - even the most popular muds
are dead now by the standards of some cookie cutter DIKU muds of 10 years
ago.

Nathan

On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 9:54 AM, Michel Vuijlsteke <wikipedia at zog.org>wrote:

> Nothing exceptional about this, of course:
>
> http://www.massively.com/2009/01/06/mud-history-dissolving-into-the-waters-of-time/
>
> Sigh.

Your donations keep Wikipedia running! Support the Wikimedia Foundation
today: http://www.wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Donate