[WikiEN-l] To boldy delete what no one had deleted before!

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Thu Jan 8 08:12:03 UTC 2009

In a message dated 1/8/2009 12:06:36 AM Pacific Standard Time,
wikipedia.kawaii.neko at gmail.com writes:

I am  sorry? Who encouraged merging? There is no consensus behind that. Merge
was  proposed as a compromise to the mass deletion/inclusion war but it  was
never commonly accepted. If it was I want to see the evidence of  that
consensus.>>

I am not speaking of *your* personal war over fiction.
I am speaking of the broader issue of the merging of *anything*  in-project.

We, as a community, encourage the merging of stubs.  That has been the  case
since before I even started editing five years back.  I myself have  merged
some articles in the past, although only a handful.

It would be sadistic if, the idea that merging, which in and of itself, is  a
seemingly innocuous edit, would carry as-well the *hidden hammer* of
copyright  infringement.  Wouldn't it?

Here's how you merge... oh you've done it?  Well good, now I can  clobber the
hell out of you.
That's not the spirit of the project.  Therefore there is a  contradiction
somewhere in the assumptions.

Will Johnson