[WikiEN-l] Low citation quality in BLP articles

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Thu Jan 8 00:47:23 UTC 2009

I understand that there are history journals, which may or may not be doing
the same type of "peer review" as the hard science journals do.  But I was
trying to address just the smaller point of "BLPs".

My thesis being that there is no such thing as a "peer reviewed" biography
in the same sense as a "peer reviewed" article on solid-state physics.  It
just doesn't exist.

*That* later historians *comment* upon previous biographies may be true,  but
their comments, later, do not change the original paper or book.  They  are
accretive only, not constructive or destructive.

So my thesis being, that "peer review" really has no bearing on BLPs at  all.

Will Johnson