[WikiEN-l] To boldy delete what no one had deleted before!

White Cat wikipedia.kawaii.neko at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 02:43:53 UTC 2009

It is hard to cooperate when people are taking mass action and showing you
the middle finger. They only seek a discussion when they are either cornered
or when the presence of a discussion make them look "legit". I or anyone
should not be living with a group of self righteous individuals or groups
who interpret policy as they see fit. It is arbcoms role to stop such
disruption. Only after that can there be fruitful discussions - when the
disruption ceases.
Either people mass removing content are being disruptive or people getting
in the way. Cause you cannot have two conflicting consensus at the same
time. That would be a lack of consensus!  No mater how you look at it, there
is no consensus on the matter which is a default keep not a default delete.

I think there is an ironic self conflicting nature of this issue. Presence
of slur and misinformation on "important" articles has legal consequences.
This is why we have a [[WP:BLP]] policy which was drafted as a continuation
of policies like [[WP:V]], and [[WP:RS]]. In the case of "important"
articles we need immediate action.

Policies like [[WP:BLP]] does not apply to "unimportant" articles because
there are no urgent reasons to address various [[WP:V]] and [[WP:RS]]
issues. Someone is yet to explain me the irgency prompting mass deletion.

I guess it is a philosophical situation. What do you do to an article that
isn't "perfect". Do you delete it or improve it? Or let someone else improve
it.

-- White Cat