[WikiEN-l] NOR contradicts NPOV

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Wed Jan 7 01:35:34 UTC 2009

<<In a message dated 1/6/2009 5:19:38 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
cbeckhorn at fastmail.fm writes:

A reader  who knows nothing about the material is in no position to worry
about  whether the sources have been cherry-picked, and has to trust
whoever  wrote the article.>>

We editors exist as a community to also watch each other.  We don't  exist in
a one-to-many relationship with our readers.  We are a  many-to-many
relationship.  We patrol each other as well.

If the community has decided that it doesn't trust an article built using
solely primary sources, than that is what it has decided.
This is not to say that you cannot write in that fashion.  Only that  the
community has decided that articles written that way are more suspect than
others written with a mixture of primary and secondary sources.

Will Johnson