[WikiEN-l] NOR contradicts NPOV

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 08:53:06 UTC 2009

2009/1/6 Carl Beckhorn <cbeckhorn at fastmail.fm>:

> The idea that these sources should be avoided entirely would simply be
> silly. The idea that it's better to avoid primary sources entirely is more
> applicable when "primary source" means "blog post".

And even then that can be just silly. e.g. [[EXA]] - the original
developer's blog post announcing it is a highly relevant source, and
it's ridiculous to purge it based on robotic interpretation of the
wording of the NOR rule.

It is unfortunate that we can no longer assume that guidelines will be
interpreted with a drop of good sense, and instead have to write them
in damage control mode.

- d.