[WikiEN-l] "Who The Hell Writes Wikipedia, Anyway?"

geni geniice at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 19:32:32 UTC 2009

2009/1/3 Charles Matthews <charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com>:
> I think that is "could be", not "ought to be". The mission is not to
> maximise readership: as of early  2009, it still to "write the
> encyclopedia". You know, the old Wikipedia some of us have thought we
> are writing for a few years now.
>
> As usual, there is the argument that if this other version of the
> mission was interesting enough to enough editors, they could fork.  Not
> likely to happen, but it's a clarifying thought: really, how different
> would it be?
>
> Charles

You are free to model a reverse of most of user:TTN's last few
thousand edits to get some idea. In terms of complaints on forums and
blogs I see if you ignore the complaints more focused what people want
to write the loss of a significant chunk of our coverage of TV shows
and various popular media is the most complained about.

--
geni