[WikiEN-l] NOR contradicts NPOV

Phil Sandifer snowspinner at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 23:08:46 UTC 2009

On Jan 2, 2009, at 4:18 PM, WJhonson at aol.com wrote:

> But, we do not *want* primary sources to be summarized unless they
> have
> already been commented upon in secondary sources.

Well, but that's not strictly speaking true. I mean, secondary
sources, like any sources, are published for commercial reasons. What
is commercial and what is important do not correspond perfectly.
Primary sources matter.

The issue is that we want to be very, very careful in how we summarize
and use primary sources. But their use, generally speaking, is more or
less a fact of life.

-Phil