[WikiEN-l] Another reason why we need BLP reform soon

William King williamcarlking at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 11:53:46 UTC 2009

Here is another reason why we need BLP reform very soon: the ongoing edit war over Rick Warren:

Revision history of Rick Warren: http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Rick_Warren&action=history
Talk Page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Rick_Warren
AN/I threads: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Administrators%27_noticeboard/Incidents#User:Teledildonix314 and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Administrators%27_noticeboard/Incidents#User:Manutdglory_-_another_issue_of__bad_editor_behavior_connected_with_the_Rick_Warren_article

I was caught up in the edit war myself yesterday (New Year's Day) while on routine RC patrol using Huggle. I reverted two edits that appeared non-NPOV. After I reverted the edits, the user I warned was edit-warring. That user made sarcastic remarks toward me and others. Rick Warren's article was already semi-protected due to vandalism.

What a way to begin 2009, eh?

William King (Willking1979)