[WikiEN-l] flagged revvvs

Charlotte Webb charlottethewebb at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 04:41:01 UTC 2009

On 1/1/09, David Goodman <dgoodmanny at gmail.com> wrote:
> The example given  is simple vandalism, not harmful libel, and what
> surprises me about it is that the p. was not very quickly protected to
> deal with it.

Don't take that for granted. In some cultures it could be the worst
form of libel. In any case semi-protecting the page might have
prevented the IP editors from removing it (unless they have accounts
they simply weren't using).

There were registered users, RC patrollers, dealing with it in the
beginning, but they stopped reverting when the vandal ceased editing
as an IP and became User:Dankass.

Guess they figured "oh, it must be true now".

—C.W.