[WikiEN-l] NOR contradicts NPOV

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Thu Jan 1 00:36:23 UTC 2009

In a message dated 12/31/2008 7:53:06 AM Pacific Standard Time,
crustybush at gmail.com writes:

If I'm  right, Phil is complaining that NOR contradicts NPOV because someone
won't  necessarily be able to defend themselves in their article because what
they  say (eg through a letter) will be OR, and therefore the article won't
have  NPOV?>>

No.  What Phil is stating is that NOR contradicts NPOV because of a  line
which states that primary sources may only be used for  descriptive clauses (not
interpretive ones).  Therefore, since what an  author writes is a primary
source, they cannot defend themselves from perceived  false interpretations of
others, which are secondary sources.

My counters included an attack on whether an op-ed is really  secondary.  And
also an attack on whether a self-review is really  primary.

Will Johnson