[WikiEN-l] Wired: Wikipedia to Color Code Untrustworthy Text

Nathan Russell windrunner at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 01:36:01 UTC 2009

On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 9:31 PM, Brian<Brian.Mingus at colorado.edu> wrote:

> What's interesting about WikiTrust is that a trust score is computed for
> each individual. I wonder if these will be made public, and if so, how they
> will change the community of editors.  It seems likely that they will not be
> made public. However, since the algorithm is published and I believe the
> source code as well anyone with the hardware could compute and publish how
> trusted each community member is.

I don't think the trust scores, if they're based on what the article
describes, would really do much to show "trust" in a conventional
sense.

Consider that someone doing Michael-style subtle vandalism (release
dates, etc) may not get reverted for some time, while a good editor
who likes to edit in political topics may get reverted frequently even
when her contributions are good (or, perhaps, just have subtle PoV
issues).

Pakaran