[WikiEN-l] Wired: Wikipedia to Color Code Untrustworthy Text

Nathan nawrich at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 01:26:34 UTC 2009

On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 9:19 PM, Nathan Russell<windrunner at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'll just say I'm a bit surprised to be hearing it from Wired first.
>
> Pakaran

WikiTrust itself has been announced and then mentioned on this list
multiple times; in the absence of quotes in the article from Wikimedia
Foundation staff members, I'm not 100% convinced that a decision has
been made to roll it out to all users of the English Wikipedia. If I
remember, there were significant technical issues associated with a
real-time trust analysis on the entire encyclopedia. Perhaps the
mentions of "gadgets" were intended to signify that it would be an
optional gadget available in the preferences. It's a really
interesting method of looking at the project, I'm in favor of adding
it as a gadget if a way can be found to make it technically
manageable.

Nathan