[WikiEN-l] Positives to publicity

Keegan Paul kgnpaul at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 20:24:46 UTC 2009

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 1:25 PM, <WJhonson at aol.com> wrote:

> Just imagine how many Terabytes of data are hiden under the iceberg tip
> that is what the casual reader sees.  I have yet to see any paper about
> say,
> "The Twisty Turny Biography of Lincoln Evolves Over Six Years"....
>
> Will Johnson

This is what I consider to be the exact point for starting this thread.
 People truly do have no clue about how to edit or the community and how it
functions.  Actually, I don't think the functionality of the community can
be described.
Folks are amazed to be told that they can edit willy nilly, make an account
and all that.  For all our popularity worldwide the vast majority of the
consumers have no idea (I realize I'm preaching to the choir) until these
news stories invoke interest.  So, what to do about it?  How to not bite?
 This that and the other are great questions to mull over.  I have no
answers myself, Wikipedia just kind of happens.

~Keegan
--
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Keegan