[WikiEN-l] Policies, notability et al, was Request to Wikipedians for BBC...

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 14:58:00 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 12:15 PM, <wjhonson at aol.com> wrote:
> The way it was discussed in-project a teritiary source summarizes
> several secondary sources into one cohesive article.

Is a work that summarises/draws on multiple news articles secondary or
tertiary? I wonder, because I've considered writing articles based on
very old newspaper articles (eg, late 1800s). But I realise that it's
actually pretty hard to do, to not take events out of context, etc.
I'd be much better off using a book written by a historian...who has
read the articles. Is that book secondary? Tertiary? Somewhere in
between?

Steve